Ok, so having finally had a need to use internet tethering I encountered a small problem – when you attempt to activate internet tethering on either the o2 web site, or on the iPhone itself you keep getting a “page not found” error.
So, for those of you who may want to use internet tethering on your iPhone 3G, 3G S or 4, heres a quick guide;
- Give up trying to activate it using the iPhone or on the o2 web site.
- Pick up your iPhone and call 202.
- Navigate the electronic switchboard, selecting; “The account I am currently calling from” then “iPhone Support and Assistance”.
- Explain to the person that answers that you wish to activate internet tethering on your iPhone.
- They will then explain to you the options and can either email you instructions or tell you over the phone (you don’t really need these instructions as the iPhone tells you how to do it when your account is active).
- Wait a few hours (in my case 7).
- On the iPhone goto “Settings” > “General” > “Network”… scroll down until you see “Internet Tethering”.
If it is activated on your account, it should say either “Off” or “On”. If it still says “Activate Internet Tethering” it is not yet active on your account, try again in a few hours.
When you select “On” the phone will ask if you want to use Bluetooth, or USB and then displays instructions on the screen.